To ensure the best possible care for our rabbits as well as the protection of both parties, we have the following policies. Please read the policies before contacting us to buy a rabbit.
- By New York State law, we do not sell any rabbits under 8 weeks old.
- All rabbits for sale are in excellent health and are free from congenital defects such as misaligned teeth or infections at the time of sale.
- Our rabbits are sold on a first-come, first-served basis. A non-refundable fee of $20 is required to hold a rabbit. Balance is due at the time of pick-up. If the rabbit is not picked up at the agreed upon time, you forfeit your deposit, and the rabbit is placed up for sale again.
- We prefer cash, but people are often far away, so we also accept Paypal (friends account).
- Each rabbit comes with a small bag of food, grass hay, feeding instructions, and a 3-day health guarantee. If your rabbit becomes sick or dies during the first 3 days, you can return it for a full refund. Please notify us immediately by phone or e-mail if this happens. We cannot be held responsible for health problems that arise after 3-days, although we will work with you to help and offer assistance. We will not assume or repay veterinary visit charges.
- We do not ship rabbits. We meet buyers near Ithaca, NY. We also travel to New York rabbit shows on many weekends where we can arrange to meet buyers.
- Youth who are under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the time of purchase.
- Please, bring a carrier or box with adequate ventilation to transport your rabbit home. We'll give basic instructions on handling, feeding, and nail trimming at pick-up. We'll be available afterwards for questions by email or phone...or updates on your rabbit!
- You, as the buyer, are responsible for the care of your rabbit(s) after purchase. This means that you will provide each rabbit with its OWN hutch/cage, fresh water and food daily, regular nail trimming and appropriate attention and exercise.
- If you are no longer able to care for you rabbit that you purchased from us, we'll take it back, if it is free of communicable disease AND we have available cage space. No refund will be given. You could donate the cage with the rabbit to increase the likelihood of finding it a new home.
- Please, contact us with any questions, concerns, or news. We are delighted to share our beautiful dutch, and we look forward to working with you!
If you're interested in purchasing a rabbit, please fill out the Rabbit Request Form.